Friday, October 12, 2007

Memories.... & Music....

When I hear a song there's a feeling of nostalgia that's created .... if its a new one its a new finding, a new idea and a new feeling...but when its a song I've heard before... It brings back many a memories that flash inside outside of me..take me back to the days that were... in the same context, the same sensation of breeze on my back, the same weather, the same temperature, the same feeling of love and the same creative urge that must've developed then...

I set the IPOD to a random listing of music and it played Sting!
How many a times I must've played his CDs ... went on and on for many a days... repeated over and over again... I always listened to music like that... it could be very frustrating to those around me, but to me its like the rhythm on which to operate...

Thousand Years... such a known song ( I didnt enjoy Desert Rose as much somehow)... perhaps if I hear it everyday now I might not enjoy it as much... but it playing right now after a long long time ...stirs the same emotions as that of on those days when I was discovering a life... within my "Film City" thesis... enjoying the internet and the "falling in love"... detached and torn from the world outside... and confined in my large room with Maa's garden below, the morning sun rising there, the cool breeze that went across the room through the east to the west towards the large terrace... Me in my pink shorts and anything else I found... hair tied up high..... and involved in sketching on my huge drawing table and the high chair!

Aren't memories wonderful?

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the morning time ... but I do of the evening... on the same table... :)



I want to go back to the same house again! I belonged there! Alas!

Changed words
And changed attitude towards this music
This music that governed
My each emotion
And expression
Today it does nothing
But put rhythm into my days
Changed words
And changed attitude
Where now everything
That was rigid
Is straying away!

11 comments:

பாரதிய நவீன இளவரசன் said...

//Aren't memories wonderful?//

memories are wonderful indeed. Me too occasionally gets bitten by the nostalgic bug and take pleasure with the memories of golden olden days.

A nice blog.

mano said...

i happen to browse ur website. i suprised to see the content and its value, your thoughts and info. keep it up!! i also think it was not one person who had written this blogsite and may be group of like minded people.

the udupi visit you explained was simply superb and your grandma's compost techniq is the best..

perspective said...

thank you "mano"... :) I really don't know what to say...
all I can say is that I don't seem to blog as often anymore and all these entries are written at different points in time... :)

mano said...

I see lots of places, meet lots of people being in usa.but i see some difference in ur blog site.

why dont you add some thing like 'what do wann to be after 20 years'. i will put my comments then.

perspective said...

:)... I am sure you do...
well.. I really wouldnt know where I'd want to be in the next 20 years.... I've long back stopped living for a future... its just the now, now and the now!

Why dont you share an email id... it's a better way to communicate...

setukvora said...

Good work Lavannya

Sindhu said...

Nice blog!

Cheers!

Greek said...

sexy pic :-)

rahul mehrotra said...

nice lines - as usual :)

Prats said...

Blog hopping and here I land....it was nice reading all your posts...went thru your site too....nice work there

Sunil said...

yeah yeah... memories remain(?) we don't... anyways memories are good- they remind one of their past, their life, and everything REAL, and leave the doors to the (not so REAL) future ajar!