Friday, June 17, 2005

Love the woman in you!

In a turmoil,
In a pain excrutiating,
Seeking a shoulder,
Seeking a friend,
I found him...
In love with me
Said something simple,
Just asked me to feel,
To accept and be concious,
I cried,
Cried uncontrollably,
And I am relieved of my pain!


Image Hosted by ImageMonster.org



He wrote to me:
My Love

Here is something I picked up from somewhere and wanted
to share with you.

By the time the Lord made woman, he was into his sixth
day of working overtime. An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"

And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on
her? She has to be completely washable, but not
plastic, have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap
that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss
that can cure
anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart-and she
will do everything with only two hands."

The angel was astounded at the requirements. "Only two
hands!? No way! And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.Wait until tomorrow
to finish."

"But I won't," the Lord protested. "I am so close to
finishing this creation that is so close to my own
heart. She already heals herself when she is sick AND
can work 18 hour days."

The angel moved closer and touched the woman. "But
you have made her so soft, Lord."

"She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made
her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or
accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.

The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."

The angel then noticed something, and reaching out,
touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you
have a leak in this model. I told you that you were
trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a
tear!"

"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her
joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her
love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride."

The angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You
thought of everything! Woman is truly amazing."

And she is! Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they
hold happiness, love and joy. They smile when they
want to scream. They sing when they want to cry. They
cry when they are happy and laugh when they are
nervous.

They fight for what they believe in. They stand up to
injustice. They don't take "no" for an answer when
they believe there is a better solution. They go
without so their family can have. They go to the
doctor with a frightened friend. They love
unconditionally. They cry
when their children excel and cheer when their friends
get awards. They are happy when they hear about a
birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies. They grieve at
the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when
they think there is no strength left. They know that
a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart. Women come
in all shapes, sizes and colors. They'll drive, fly,
walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care
about you.

The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep
turning. They bring joy, hope and love. They have
compassion and ideals. They give moral support to
their family and friends. Women have vital things to
say and everything to give.
I only wish they accepted themselves for all the
preciousness and beauty they lend to the Universe.

Love the woman in you, also.

A tired soul.

18 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Abhishek Nag said...

can i reproduce that on my blog? with a linkback to you, of course.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Karthik L G said...

hey nice one though its too cliched and heard very often

nice photo of urs,ur a replica of ur mom, n good luck to u and 'he'
;)

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Sandy said...

Brilliant! Simply Brilliant!!
Whosoever wrote it did an excellent job, there can't be any better way to describe women.
Thanks Lav! for sharing this on your blog.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Known Stranger said...

hey.. thanks buddy

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger rameshsr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger rameshsr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger rameshsr said...

Beautiful words:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toote hue dil ko pyar diya, fankaar banaya hai humne.

Dil ko dhadkan bakshi humne, ehsaas jagaya hai humne.

Jab tak na inaayat husn ki ho, dil kab yeh taraane kehta hai.

Us dil se nikalte hain naghme, jo dard kisika sehta hai.

Jab tak na pyar kisisey ho, fankaar adhura rehta hai.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous sathya said...

hi lavannya,
hwy can i be cheeky enough to ask who said this to whom...?
plz plz plz ... jlt
sathya

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Samudraa said...

:) feels gud 2 read it the nth time...........feels blessed to be a woman

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Known Stranger said...

was expecting your new venture on eat out on sunday.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger hari said...

Hi Lavanya,

that was woman at her very best...undoubtedly the most wonderful creation of God.....and a creation so close to himself.

All the more wonderful to hear it out of the mouth of a man. Great post as always lavanya

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Dhananjay Kulkarni said...

Nice one!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Pallavi said...

Woman thats the reason for celebrating yourself... :) hugssss

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger StaticCompost said...

Your ability to match a picture with words astounds me, its almost entrancing when I read what you create. I really enjoyed this post, not just as a femenist or art appreciater. It really got me thinking, about all the times when a member of the opposite sex has been there for me, In hard times, acted in the best of thinking not irascibly as us men are almost prone to. It also got me thinking about hwo beautiful motherly instincts truly are. Great post!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Kartikeya Tripathi said...

Excellent. Kudos. Sorry, I am out of words.
And I have saved the "Lord-Angel Dialogue" for my two daughters, for the day they are old enough to understand the depth.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Kartikeya Tripathi said...

Excellent. Kudos. Sorry, I am out of words.
And I have saved the "Lord-Angel Dialogue" for my two daughters, for the day they are old enough to understand the depth.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Vinu said...

Good post...

I came here from somebaody's blog. Found quite interesting....

I agree woman to be one opf the best creation, but what do you think about man...who always take care of her...worship her...love her in the form of mom,sister,girlfriend etc etc...

There are exceptions, but still man is also a nice creation of GOD yaar...

Anywyas keep up the good work coming more...

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger amitsinha said...

hi lavanya,

I am posting my comments though I havent read what you have written . I am extremly sorry for that . Well , the point I wanted to make is the pics in ur blog . they r just amazing pieces of some photography lessons.
One more thing, that I realized later on that ur an Architect . Hmm similar background I posses , but was never able to take such pics. Though my Photographies ideas are quite gud enough and have helped other people to create masterpieces . Hope I am not sounding Narcissist. Yah and gud poetry also , multi talented a typical arty person . keep going and best of wishes for ur future endeavors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home